Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Or add to your news reader: Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Earnings tonight: DELL, MRVL, OVTI, SIGM

Ahh it feels like earnings season... but its not.

Dell ought to be showing some signs of economic strain. I'm not involved.

Marvell (MRVL), a stock I had suggested buying after their last quarter, has had a great move from $10.70 to $14 last. Though the hard drive market has lost some of its lustre, units have remained pretty strong. I'm going to stick to my price target area of $15-16 despite the earnings risk tonight.

Omnivision (OVTI) is not a great company. They're mostly low end camera sensors. I think they've managed to hold share well and probably did okay despite their bottom heavy mix. I have no position and don't recommend one.

Sigma Designs (SIGM) is probably weak again. Bluray is seeing very slow adoption rates. Motorola is probably not going to suddenly ratchet their build plan higher so I would expect numbers to erode further. I wouldn't want to be long into the number but I may want to be afterward.

No comments:

Blog Archive