Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Or add to your news reader: Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cablevision network problems today

I heard about 2 lines of the NTAP presentation and that was about it today. Intermittent internet connections are so 1999. I'm on Metro North now with the best connection I've had all day with my blackberry plugged into my netbook. So sad.

Marvell (MRVL) reports slightly better than their guidance, non-gaap eps a penny better. The stock is at $5. I have a scary line at $4.25 it may need to test and hold. There's resistance at $5.65 -- if it trades through there it can probably work to $7.5. I'd definitely wait for the guidance as unit forecasts stink and the supply chain continues to see cuts.

Omnivision (OVTI) guidance is pathetic. This is the big problem with value trap stocks -- they're "cheap" because they stink. Book value and large short interest are the bull proponents in this stock. With the company printing losses, book value will erode. Samsung, Micron, STM are all using their leverage in other components to take slots from them and Omnivision has nothing to respond with besides lower price. Add into the mix a weaker cell phone market at the low end and tighter credit standards that hold back new adds. Not pretty for Omnivision. Cheap, though!

No comments:

Blog Archive