In early January they had guided higher – at the time that seemed very at odds with what was going on around them. They’re a handset supplier, you see. They reported, number was in-line with preannouncement. Guidance for the March quarter is for a decline of 13-22% q/q with gross margins dropping to 13-15% from their current 15.2%. Customers of significance for MFLX are RIMM, AAPL, ERIC and MOT. RIMM dominated the quarter, becoming 34% of sales and was likely the source of the upside as MFLX is designed into both the Bold and the Storm and both had strong sell-in to carriers. It’s unclear who the weakness is – Motorola is frankly too small to matter much for them. My guess? Ericsson and Apple with more moderate plans due to seasonality.
02/01 - 02/08
- Amazon Kindle 2.0 expected Monday
- Treasury to assume role of bad bank
- Multi Fineline Electronix (MFLX) guides down
- Big tech rally
- WSJ on BAC and the Fed
- Cisco 2Q:2009 conference call comments
- Cisco 2Q:2009 results
- Electronic Arts, Netlogic, Nokia
- Technical difficulties
- Sandisk 4Q:2008 results
- Applied Materials (AMAT) guides 1Q:09 lower
- Lunar New Year is over – get back to work!
- December SIA data tells us what we knew
- Earnings Estimate Cheat Sheet – Week of February 2...
- Proposed compensation caps at federally funded ban...
- ▼ 02/01 - 02/08 (15)
- ► 2008 (533)