Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Or add to your news reader: Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Akamai (AKAM) 1Q:2008 results

Revs just shy of consensus (by 1mm), gross margins a hair better at 73.3% (street was 73.1 - 73.2). The big concern in the stock has been pressure on gross margins due to aggressive pricing by competitors. None of that this quarter, apparently. # of new customer adds a little below expectations but we're talking about 27 instead of 30.

Revenue guidance about 5mm better than the street, gross margins stable-ish going forward, guiding non-gaap EPS to the high end of the prior range.

Consumers are watching more video online. Once a week, I have to choose between Big Brother, Dancing with the Stars, Hell's Kitchen or The Biggest Loser: Couples. I hate reality TV. Please stop it. Faced with these greater evils, I pick the internet every single time. I'm not the only one.

Akamai fits into my the internet is a video delivery system dying for an outlet theory.

No comments:

Blog Archive