Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Or add to your news reader: Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Potash (POT) showing some hubris

-- POTASH CORP CEO SAYS NEXT FIVE YEARS TO BE "GREATEST PERIOD OF GROWTH" IN COMPANY'S HISTORY --

That sounds great, doesn't it? But do you really want to bake a 5 year forecast into investor's minds? Ever?

Case in point, this choice quote:

"These dynamics have put us on track for our 13th consecutive year of record earnings in fiscal year '05 and assuming continued healthy demand, we believe approximately 20% net income growth in both fiscal year '06 and '07."

- Robert Toll, Toll Brothers CEO, August, 2005.



That didn't work out so well.

I can't find the Corning quote, but in mid 2000 they gave a multi-year forecast. The stock was $300. Two years later it traded at $1.

I don't follow Potash. I don't really know what they do. I do know the kiss of death when I see it.

No comments:

Blog Archive