Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Or add to your news reader: Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sony Ericsson plays a weak handset

Ericsson on the tape this morning blowing up in mid-high priced handsets. Specifically, it appears the K850, their first phone with HSPDA (real 3G) and a 5 megapixel camera, is sucking wind.

This confirms some speculation that Ericsson was the weakness at Texas Instruments. I am still aware of weakness in the higher end of the Nokia supply chain so I wouldn't count the possibility of a Nokia margin miss out.

Nokia is down a couple pre-opening, trading below where I suggested shorting it. I think Nokia is struggling also but I think it's the best house in a bad neighborhood.

It's likely that the sell side will defend the stock down here. I'd take the Nokia short off for the time being and let them do it.

No comments:

Blog Archive