Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz

Or add to your news reader: Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google

Thursday, April 17, 2008

What to do into Google (GOOG)

Ha. Like I know.

Google is the juggernaut in internet advertising. It's extremely easy to set up to serve their advertising -- as you can see from the Google ads on The Skew, a monkey can do it. They're the biggest and arguably the best search provider.

Comscore data all quarter has indicated a dramatic slowdown in Google click throughs. The debate rages on endlessly about whether Comscore's data will translate into a weaker Google quarter as Google also changed their algorithm to enhance their "true" click through rate. The stock has moved from $720 down to $450 on fears of a slower economy impacting consumer clicking behavior negatively.

I am not brainy or connected enough to make a call on Google. What I will tell you is that I will be sitting here, model in hand, trying to figure out what to do with it after they report. When I chart it, I get a crazy range of $320 to $560. I'm pretty sure I'm going to tell you to do something after the number. I just wonder what that something will be.

My advice into Google is to not be involved. Too much risk either way. You can always get involved afterward.

11:04AM: I just checked to see how my AdSense account is doing. I've made 15 cents in 3 months. That's pretty funny.

No comments:

Blog Archive